Many people are unaware that back pain may be caused by a more serious cause. Of course, most of the time it is not as serious, but if you have other symptoms that accompany the back pain, you should consult your doctor. Here are some of the possible causes of your back pain:
- The most common cause of back pain is a simple back sprain, that is usually occurs a day after doing hard work. Usually the back pain is accompanied with pain in supporting muscles in thighs.
- If your pain comes with stiffness that happens in the neck, shoulders, knees, elbows and trunk, you may have a fibromyalgia. Usually people with this disease will feel very tired, even right after sleeping.
- If you are in your old age, the osteoporosis might be the cause of your back pain. This condition makes your bone weak and thin, and it is becoming prone for fracture. When the fracture in your spine area happens, you may expect a back pain.
- Spine Arthritis might be the cause of your back pain, usually the pain has been occurring for a long time, and it comes with stiffness and bending over is not as easy as it used to.
- If your pain the lower back spread down in one leg, and it gets worse when you bend or twist you might have a protruding disk problem.
- On the other hand, spinal stenosis might be the cause if the back pain is accompanied with numbness and the feeling of weakness in both legs. The pain usually relieved when you sit or lean forward, and it gets worse if you stand up.
- Other possible cause is a kidney infection called pyelonephritis. Aside of the back pain, you may also experience high fever, nausea, shaking chills. Other indications are cloudy urine that is tainted with blood. Other possible causes are cancer in nearby area and inflammatory arthritis
All of the possible cause of back pain we mentioned above are just possibilities. Don’t get too scared and when you feel the symptoms you should see your doctor so that they can diagnose you properly.